The end of the 2015/16 NBA season marked Kobe Bryants last season in the NBA and put to rest a career that not only spanned two decades but provided endless moments that will live on forever. You may think you know all the great achievements and milestones this great player amassed as part of the Los Angeles Lakers, but the following list might just shed some light on a few more insane accomplishments from Bryant.
1. Kobe is the only player in the history of the NBA who has played three decades (20 years) with the same team.
2. Bryant won just one NBA MVP award in 2008.
3. Known for his insane last second game winning shots, he also loved to take it to the rim and took the title of NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion in 1997.
4. The Black Mamba won four All-Star game MVPs, tied for most ever.
5. Only two players have more playoff points than Kobe’s 5,640 — Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
6. KB is far ahead of the pack for missed shots in NBA history (around 14,000).
7. Kobe wore his No. 8 and his No. 24 for a decade each.
8. He is a 2-time NBA scoring champion: 2006, 2007.
9. Bryant holds the record for most games played at one arena, career: 599.
10. With 17 All-Star game appearances, Kobe Bryant is second only to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
To mark this momentous occasion, the good people over at Stance have released three Kobe Bryant styles. The socks, all of which pay homage to Bryant’s eye for detail, personal aesthetic and year-long #KB20 campaign, celebrate the guard’s incredible, record-breaking 20-season NBA career. ‘The Final,' ‘K. Bryant,’ and the ‘Kobe Faces,’ all pay homage to a crazy career and will all be available at Culture Kings soon. Stay tuned for more details on the release.
← Older Post
Newer Post →